Corporate health programs are essential to the long term viability of all businesses. Employee wellness has been proved to reduce health care costs, absenteeism and thus resulting in improved productivity. Research has also shown that employees wellness program offer a positive return - on - investment making them a benefit that costs more to avoid than to provide. Corporate Wellness Programs are investments in company's most important resource, workers. Studies have shown that workers are more likely to be on the job and performing well when they are feeling well, both physically and mentally. Workers are also more likely to be attracted to, remain with and appreciate an employer that values them.
Corporate wellness program thus improve company productivity by:
- Attracting superior quality staff
- Reducing rate of absenteeism and time loss
- Enhancing on the job time utilization and decision making
- Improving worker morale, thus improving turnover
- Improves mental alertness and reduces physical lethargy.
- Health stress leads to distraction from work as it demands more of subject involvement into matter of his health.
- Reduces periodic incidence of ailments leading to absenteeism and shrinking performance.
- Good health enhances individual's enthusiasm and promptness at taking initiatives for development of organization
- Weight management
- Diabetes management
- Cholesterol(dyslipidemia) management
- Stress management